Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Four

Last year I wrote this for you. And now I think I'll do it for you every year I can. Right now you are curled up next to me on my bed, sleeping away. I love those moments!

What a change a year can make! I was so sad to let go of my baby last year, but now I am excited for 4! I am so excited to see you learn and grow so much more! This year has been the hardest ever as your mom! You do not make life easy that's for sure! But you still make my life worth living, every. single. day. You have proven how dang smart you are, even though we held you back from pre-school this year, you've managed to defy us and learn every single thing you possibly can, from spelling, to writing, to math. And you have made dang sure that mom knows that you will do what you want, when you want to do it, (as potty training has been a constant battle of "don't tell me what to do.") I have learned that I can't control you no matter how hard I try,and that I have to let you be you on your terms, not mine, therefore, you are exactly like me, and as everyone knows, I am hard to deal with too! But I so admire that spirit and spunk in you, after I quit fuming over the power struggles we face, your tenacity is so applaudable! Good for you for knowing (at 3 for that matter) exactly what you want in life! Please, please, never lose that!

I can't wait to see just how much more you will learn and grow once you hit that big 4! Each day you stun me with something new, be it something you say or something you do, you are always full of surprises. Sometimes they are awesome, like you spelling m-o-m, the first word you learned how to read, write, and spell. To the time you were so mad at me you told me "I don't love you, Daddy doesn't love you, and Jesus doesn't love you!" because I put your butt in time-out.  Part of me wanted to cry, and part of me wanted to laugh, but ultimately you got spanked for having a smart mouth. I wasn't expecting to hear that until you were about 13 or so! Always a surprise with you kid! But you are never stingy with telling me how much you love me, or with giving me hugs, kisses, and cuddles. I wish that you'll never grow out of that, but I brace myself for the day it's no longer cool for you to do so. Please never forget to tell me, or anyone for that matter, just how much you love them and I promise to do the same. Remember our days are numbered and loving others is the best gift you can ever give to yourself! (and everyone likes being loved as well!)

I love how much your relationship with God has grown this year.  It's so awesome to hear my little boy say his prayers at night, and that you get excited to go to church on Sunday. I love how you can look at things and know that God created everything. Nothing could please me more than to see you grow in faith! It's going to be the most important thing in your life forever and I also hope you never forget that you have a "heavenly" father who loves you so much and will always be there for you in good times and bad. I hope that Dad and I can be good examples of faith too.  I hope you see all that we have been through in our lives and know that we never gave up our hope that God will (and does) always see us through!

Always remember that you are smart, kind and of course, loved so much by your family! Always remember that YOU are my favorite thing in the world and that will never change! Happy birthday my big 4 year old boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment