Thursday, February 10, 2011

it's like parting with a member of the family...

Max is gone.

For those of you who didn't know him, he was beautiful. Fast, sexy, fun, sexy...

He was my baby. The first thing I worked so.freaking.hard to get!

right after I bought him <3

When I was younger, my aunt had a gorgeous red 95' mustang that I loooooved! I wanted that car B.A.D!! So I set my little 14 year old heart on someday having a Mustang of my own. 

When Ford re-made the Mustang body type to look more like the classic version, I nearly lost my shit. I was instantly in love. I built my dream car from the frame up, found a dealer with one and did it. I bought myself my dream car. It was the single worst car buying experience I've ever had, and that should have been the first sign of our tumultuous relationship.

In the first year if having Maximus,  I replaced 3 tires and the entire front passenger wheel, broke off and replaced the passenger side mirror, got a crack in the windshield, broke the knob off the passenger seat, and had to have the alarm and stereo fixed.

In the remaining years together I had a tire slashed, hit a pole, had someone hit the car and had the entire bumper replaced, replaced the same light bulb on the passenger side brake light twice in a year (dammed passenger side), tore a serpentine belt, and wore the brakes down and broke the knob off the drivers side seat. I've had it for 6 years, it has less than 52,000 miles on it. When we took it in for a recall a few weeks ago, they did a check on the entire vehicle, the total cost of repairs to various belts, fluids and general shit totaled around $1600.

Clearly getting him off our hands was a good thing with all of the above, and  you really cannot fit a car seat in that thing and be comfortable.  But I still loved him so dang much you would have thought my husband had died the way I cried over him. In his earlier days, he and I had adventures together. Got picked up by random dudes at the  gas station, drove way too fast on the freeway and never got caught, he growled when you revved his engine and I loved it! I had a car that made me feel alive, feisty and way hot. He was my status symbol, he made me feel kinda like one of the guys, an appreciator of fine auto, made me feel better than most chicks driving around in their Civic's and Toyota's.

*sniff* Us on a night out in town *sniff* :( ...


But now, we need something way more practical. Something way more reliable, and something way more accommodating to our family (i.e. a four door) so he had to go. It was the best option for us both.  Someone will take way better care of him than me, someone else will love him, and feel like hot shit in him. And we will go on in our new family car with better gas mileage. But I will always remember my first Mustang...
and I am looking forward to the day I can get my hands on my next muscle car...



you will be mine, oh yes, you will be mine!
hubby promised!


                                                              Maximus 2006-2011
                                                          fare thee well my beloved...


1 comment: