Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reflections

I'm actually that bored at work today that I'm *attempting* to write a blog on my iPhone. Let's see how this goes ladies and gents!

I know it's a shock to see me posting again after such a long hiatus. But lately folks, I just haven't been feeling very chatty lately. Things at chez West have been pretty crappy on the financial front and that hits me pretty hard as I am the bread winner for my family. If you haven't experienced it already ad so many have in this economy I can tell you there is no worse feeling than the feeling that you cannot provide for your family. Imagine now, if you will, what my poor husband is going through! So needless to say, it's been difficult to find joy at our home lately.

I try very hard to be optimistic at all costs when things like this get us down. I truely look on the bright side, make lemonaide when life throws those dammned lemons and focus on what we do have, which, if you looked at my pantry you would see not much at all! But I lost all my cheery optimism this time. I let my troubles defeat me.

After a miscommunication with a family member I was feeling really low Monday morning, my hubby sensed my crappy mood and decided to come cuddle with me as my bitter ass laid in bed moping. To me, nothing is better than cuddling with that big ass gizzly bear. Not long after he and I started spooning did the little bear come in, also wanting to cuddle with mom. Even at two that kid is so smart! So I sat in the middle if my man-sandwhich as content and happy as Bill Gates is counting his billions. Nothing could touch me in that moment. I could have been dying some horrible disease and it wouldn't have mattered. Because what it all boils down to is we have each other. We may have nothing else, but those boys are all I need. And things started looking up from that moment on.

Sometimes we are given a crappy situation that will ultimately bring us to our knees. But it's in those moments where we discover who we really are. Discover what we are made of. When the night is at it's darkest we can see how brilliant the stars are!

1 comment:

  1. honey, you hit the nail on the head. I love you. you'll make it through this. you always do! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete